The CARA National Adapted Physical Activity Centre through the support of the Dormant Accounts Fund and the Irish Sports Council is looking for a full time dynamic Inclusive Communities Coordinator to coordinate, support and enhance opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in sport and physical activity throughout Ireland.
The CARA Centre is committed to leading, coordinating and supporting developments within physical activity, physical education, fitness and sport for people with disabilities. Over the last eight years the CARA Centre has been coordinating and supporting the Irish Sports Council Sports Inclusion Disability Programme which is implemented locally through the Local Sports Partnerships network. Due to the growth of the Sports Inclusion Disability Programme, we are currently recruiting for the position of an ‘Inclusive Communities Coordinator’.
|Role:To increase sustainable community sport and physical activity opportunities for people with disabilities through collaboration with key stakeholders. A key priority is to coordinate and support the National Sports Inclusion Disability Programme which is implemented through the Local Sports Partnerships|
- Applicants are required to have a minimum of an Honours Degree in either Adapted Physical Activity, Sport, Fitness, Recreation, Health, Physical Education, Rehabilitation or appropriate discipline related area with a focus on the inclusion of people with disabilities
- Strategic coordination ability and relationship management specific to engaging with key stakeholders
- Experience of working with people with disabilities in Sport/Physical Activity/PE/Fitness/Outdoor environments
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary partners on a local, national and international platform
- Experience of developing and managing financial plans, fundraising, budgets and evaluations.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team and on their own initiative, with a flexible approach to work possessing strong organisational and IT skills
- A current full clean driving licence and own car or access to a car so that the post requirements can be accomplished. This role may also involve evening and weekend work.
· Drive and develop the strategic objectives of the CARA Centre specific to enhancing opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in sport and physical activity within their local communities.
· Develop an in-depth understanding of the local provision of sport and physical activity for people with disabilities to enable collaboration, partnerships, shared knowledge and synergies across various partners within the sector
· Provide leadership, support and advice on key aspects of inclusive sports and physical activity developments
· Coordinate and support the implementation of the Sports Inclusion Disability Programme facilitated through the Local Sports Partnerships. This will include the development of a national Sports Inclusion Disability Programme Plan, a partnership development toolkit, coordination of national/regional networking/training days aimed at up skilling key personnel specific to the programme and continuous monitoring and evaluation of the programme
· Encourage good practice within the Local Sports Partnerships through the development of appropriate tools to support partnerships in enhancing their inclusive practices and programmes.
· Support the development and delivery of local plans to increase and sustain the participation levels of people with disabilities within sport and physical activity
· Develop a promotional campaign to increase awareness of the Sports Inclusion Disability Programme and local participation opportunities for people with disabilities
· Encourage and support effective relationships between sport and disability services providers to assist in increasing participation and awareness of opportunities at community level
· Develop an effective structure to engage people with disabilities in sport and physical activity.
· Advocate for increased participation opportunities for people with disabilities through partnerships with local/regional and national forums and organisations
· Increase partnerships awareness of the National Inclusive Training and Education Framework and encourage all to adopt the objectives of the framework in the aim of standardising the delivery of training across the country
· In consultation with the Local Sports Partnerships, develop a standardised 2 hour Disability Awareness Training Course for delivery via the partnerships
· Manage the implementation of the Disability Awareness Training course via facilitator training, development of a promotional plan, tracking all course delivery and continuously promoting the National Inclusive Training and Education Framework
· Management of the programme budget including the submission of regular management reports and updates
· Continuous monitoring and evaluation of the programme to ensure increased sustainable community sport and physical activity opportunities for people with disabilities
| Contribution to the work of the CARA Centre
· Raise awareness and understanding of the CARA Strategy across local and community networks
· Support and promote all Training and Education developments specific to the National Inclusive Training and Education Framework
· Assist in the pursuit of funding associated with enhancing all Training and Education projects with specific focus on funding relevant to training and education linked with the National Sports Inclusion Disability Programme
· Assist in other areas of CARA programmes when required including support of other CARA projects such as CampAbilities Ireland, Xcessible Inclusive Youth Sport and the CARA National Inclusion Awards
All applicants must complete the relevant application form which can be located on www.caraapacentre.ie
Informal enquiries ONLY may be addressed to: Ms Niamh Daffy CARA Director
Closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Friday 24th July 2015
Provisional Interview Dates: 6th and 7th August 2015
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.