The Irish Athletic Boxing Association (IABA) is seeking a part-time Women’s Coaching Development Officer to join the team on a 3 month fixed term contract. Applicants should forward their applications in the form of a letter outlining their qualifications, experience and suitability for the role.
IABA Women’s Coaching Development Officer. The role is a part-time flexible (three days a week) fixed term based contract for a period of three months.
Central to this role is ensuring the Irish Athletic Boxing Association achieve its core objectives of the programme by:
- Delivering active boxing development to the key target demographic.
- Developing partnerships and co-ordination between the relevant local statutory and voluntary bodies.
- The promotion of Social Inclusion through boxing.
A highly motivated self-starter, who will have:
- IABA coaching qualification/s.
- IABA Coaching Tutor qualification.
- A good knowledge of community sport structures.
- The ability to think and plan strategically.
- IT skills, attention to administration requirements & details.
- A full driving licence.
- Reporting to the IABA’s National Development Manager, the IABA Women’s Coaching Development Officer will have the responsibility for the implementation of the programme as outlined in the programme spec.
- To support events that will attract female participation in the sport.
- To evaluate and monitor the program.
- To promote the programme and actively recruit participants.
Title of Programme: Coaching Development Programme for Women
The programme will target all women with the potential and interest in becoming involved in the coaching of boxing. This programme aims to target women who may be already involved in boxing as a parent, or as an athlete coming to the end of their competitive careers. It will also target female volunteers already activity involved in the sport who wish to obtain their level 1 coaching qualification and those who have an interest in the sport but are currently not involved with a boxing club.
Description of the Programme:
The Development Officer will be responsible for the deliverance of the Coaching Development programme and the recruitment of coaches/speakers to help deliver this programme to 60 female coaches. The Development Officer will be tasked with establishing networks with our local community based clubs to seek their commitment to incorporating female coaches at an introductory level. The main emphasis being to considerably grow the number of female coaches in our clubs by helping them obtain their level 1 coaching qualification and creating a clear pathway for participants into local boxing clubs.
Development Officer, IABA Affiliated Clubs, County and Provincial boards, IABA Coaching Officer/Administrator, Women’s Committee, Coaching Ireland, Local Sports Partnerships, Sport Ireland.
Legacy Potential of Programme:
- We aim to considerably grow the number of female level 1 qualified coaches currently in our clubs.
- We aim to strengthen the depth and knowledge base of our female coaches and to promote the inclusion of women in our coaching program.
- Links with our affiliated clubs will ensure this initiative is highlighted and will maintain sustainability long term.
The closing date for all applications is Friday the 5th August 2016. Please forward your application in the form of a letter outlining your qualifications, experience and suitability for the role by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Sally Ann Kinch, The National Stadium, South Circular Road, Dublin 8.