The Irish Athletic Boxing Association (IABA) are looking for a talented and ambitious individual to join the Irish Athletic Boxing Association’s team as Stadium Manager. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the new recruit will manage and shape our commercial relationships.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role will coordinate and drive promotional activities and ensure efficient and effective management of stadium facilities.
The Stadium Manager will play a key role in implementing the IABA’s commercial plan, by managing the existing business and developing new business through the use of the available resources. The Stadium Manager will ensure safe and cost effective operation of the venue.
- The Stadium Manager will work closely within the overall team ensuring collaborative and cohesive commercial performance throughout the business.
- Maximise the commercial opportunities of the National Stadium regarding the viability of planned and proposed events.
- Achieving and or surpassing agreed income targets and accountable for annual revenue.
- Liaise with external sporting bodies, concert promoters and other event owners to provide services for the delivery of third part events.
- Ensure that the IABA is fully compliant regarding its requirements under health, safety and environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Prepare reports and risk assessments as required.
- Manage the security arrangements of the National Stadium on both event and non event days.
- Produce and develop quality management systems and procedures for refurbishment and cleaning and maintenance tasks which ensure that high standards of work are undertaken, recorded and monitored.
- Ensure that all pre-event safety checks have been carried out in accordance with established procedures.
- Identify and implement change where required in order to continually improve commercial operations.
- Host major events
- Undertake any other duties as directed by the Chief Executive Officer. (i.e meetings, seminars and projects).
The successful candidate will be well focused, able to manage a number of important tasks at one time, as well as having the ability to interpret data and information.
They should have a solid understanding of the contractual process including excellent attention to detail, experience in developing prospects and negotiation, as well as the ability to develop new business.
Adaptability, flexibility and ability to respond in a pressurised, environment will be key, as will being able to work independently and collaboratively with the wider team and other key stakeholders.
Required skills & Personal attributes
- 3rd level qualification in business or a related discipline desirable
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Commercial/Events/Promotions or similar role.
- Strong business acumen & ability to formulate strategic business plans
- High level of innovation & creativity
- Comprehensive sales & marketing experience
- Ability to work on own initiative and be self-motivated
- Good written & oral communication skills
- Previous stakeholder management experience
- Competent IT skills Desirable skills & experience
- Knowledge of environmental issues, Ability to work in a changing environment and be able to adapt to change
- Previous experience in marketing for similar organisation
- Strong evidence of fundraising success
- Full driving license
DURATION OF POST:
This post will be funded initially for 1 year with the possibility of extensions (Probationary period 6 months).
The National Stadium Dublin.
SEND CV AND COVER LETTER TO:
Please send cover letter, curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Application: 15th November 2016