Canoeing Ireland and Tipperary Sports Partnership are seeking a Sports Hub Coordinator / Canoeing Project Officer. This post will be integral to the development and implementation of a comprehensive plan to promote, attract and develop sustainable usage of the new Outdoor Community Sports Hub and canoeing on the River Suir in Tipperary and nationally.
The Hub Co-ordinator / Canoeing Officer will be based in Clonmel. He/she will report to the Sports Co-ordinator Tipperary Sports Partnership and CEO, Canoeing Ireland and work with the relevant organisations and individuals to develop, co-ordinate and implement a comprehensive plan to promote, attract and develop sustainable usage of the new Outdoor Community Sports Hub and Canoeing both locally on the River Suir and nationally. The position will be based on a shared time format between Tipperary Sports Partnership and Canoeing Ireland.
The individual will also work closely with Tipperary County Council, local Canoe clubs, schools, community based organisations to promote the new facility/amenity as a venue for sustainable community sport and physical activity.
Overall Purpose of Position:
To assist Tipperary Sports Partnership & Canoeing Ireland in achieving its core objectives of:
- Ensuring delivery of canoeing Ireland programmes and targets
- Developing partnership and co-ordination between the relevant local statutory and voluntary bodies and maximizing their involvement in the development of canoeing in the county
- Support the existing canoeing clubs on the River Suir in their club development plans through governance, club structure and programmes
- Deliver canoeing programmes to key target communities as agreed by Tipperary Sports Partnership and Canoeing Ireland including; schools, youth groups, clubs and organisations.
- To support appropriate structure to develop a social enterprise initiative around canoeing in order to sustain canoeing activity and identify sustainable income stream to support the social enterprise.
- Increase participation and the opportunities for participation in canoeing and on the River Suir Blueway and nationally.
- Promote the Community Sports Hub as a venue for sustainable outdoor adventure and physical activity.
Reporting to Tipperary Sports Partnership Sports Co-ordinator on an ongoing basis and CEO Canoeing Ireland on a periodic or as required basis, the Hub Co-ordinator / Canoeing Project Officer will have responsibility for the implementation of current and future development programmes of the Tipperary Sports Partnership and Canoeing Ireland including inter alia:-
Interested applicants should send a CV and Cover Letter by email to email@example.com or by post to CEO, Canoeing Ireland, Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
Closing date for receipt of Application is close of business Friday, 2nd February 2018.
Candidates shall be in a state of health which would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Qualifications & Experience
- Canoeing Ireland Level 3 Instructorship at minimum
- Relevant degree in Sports Development, Leisure Management, Health & Fitness & Leisure Studies or equivalent is desirable
- Three years experience working in the sports development / community sector
- An understanding of the community and voluntary sector and sports and recreation environment and of motivating those sectors with lower participation characteristics to become involved
- Experience in the delivery of Canoeing programmes and activities
- Ability to consult, communicate and network appropriately and effectively with all sectors of the community
- Ability to monitor and evaluate work and write reports.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to co-ordinate and facilitate events
- Ability to deliver a range of canoeing programmes and activities
- Ability to produce and access information efficiently and accurately
- Excellent communications, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to advise, inform, motivate and support individuals and organisations
- Ability to prepare, monitor and manage budgets
- Ability to produce good quality publicity material
- Good I.T. skills
Attitude and Motivation
- A constructive, positive and progressive attitude to working as part of a team and an ability to develop partnerships with the wider community
- A self-motivated approach to work
- An awareness of the role and importance of both coordinated and inter-agency responses to local and national canoeing needs
- A full clean driving license and use of personal transport for work is required.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Ability to transport equipment as required.
- Full Clean Mini Bus License is desirable.