Hockey Ireland is seeking maternity cover for the position of Strategic Project Manager. This fulltime post will start at the end of May/beginning of June and will run for approximately 7 months in length.
Office location: UCD, Belfield, Dublin 4
Reporting to: CEO / Board of Directors
Hours: 40 hours a week
This role is primarily office based and will involve some work outside of office hours. Access to private transport is required as applicants will be required to travel all over Ireland.
- Manage existing Hockey Ireland projects to a successful outcome
- Agree projects for delivery in conjunction with the CEO and/or Board of Directors on a quarterly basis (or as directed)
- Work with key stakeholder in determining scope of work for projects and establishing project plans
- Manage project resource allocation and assign individual responsibilities where required particularly with reference to administrative support
- Coordinate the efforts of project team members in order to deliver projects according to plan
- Develop fullscale project plans and schedule project timelines
- Track project deliverables, monitor and report on progress and obstacles of the project to all stakeholders and ensure timelines are met
- Revise project plans to meet changing needs and requirements
- Set and continually manage project expectations with stakeholders
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project
- Resolve and/or escalate issues
- Identify inefficiencies in day-to-day operations and make recommendations for process improvements
- Oversee the budget for project and report on finance when required
- Issue reports as and when required to the project board and any other identified stakeholders
- Demonstrable project management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to undertake work/tasks involving a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Track record of successfully implementing projects at multiple levels
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector
- Experience in the sports industry an advantage but not essential
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, May 18th 2016.