Job title: High-Performance Logistics Manager
Hockey Ireland is seeking to appoint a High Performance Logistics Manager to support the Performance Director and National Teams.
About Hockey Ireland
Hockey Ireland is the National Governing Body for the sport of field hockey in Ireland. Governing the 32 counties of Ireland, the Association is responsible for the management and overall development of all areas of the sport.
This position will be based in our office in UCD, Dublin, Ireland.
About this role
Reporting to the Performance Director, the High-Performance Logistics Manager will ensure effective implementation of all logistics and administration of the Hockey Ireland High Performance Programme including management of all aspects of team logistics for Ireland Teams (senior and junior age grade) and the provision of support to the High Performance (HP) programme in general.
The role will also develop plans and processes annually to ensure that the HP Programme runs smoothly and is continuously improving administratively as well as co-ordination of the organisation of any Hockey Ireland home games/tournaments.
To be considered for this role you will need to be a skilled communicator with energy and an ability to swiftly build relationships and credibility with international level athletes, junior level athletes, athletes’ parents, coaches and stakeholders across Ireland.
You will have demonstrated success at organising, promoting and managing complex programmes, projects, competitions or events which rely on the collaboration and commitment of internal and external stakeholders. This experience ideally will have been gained working in a support role within a high-performance environment or you may have been a high-performance athlete; either will be highly regarded.
Experience arranging group travel and managing teams or large groups at national or international events is required as the role involves elements of team travel and coordination both within Ireland and internationally. An understanding of talent development programs, the standards and demands on athletes and coaches within international level sport and the concepts of sports science and sports medicine would be an advantage. The High-Performance Logistics Manager plays an integral role in the success and outcomes of the Hockey Ireland High Performance Program and as such this role presents a unique opportunity to make a positive impact on the success of Hockey Ireland internationally.
- Logistics for National Teams
- Logistics management of all Hockey Ireland HP events and camps in conjunction with Team Managers. Coordinating: travel, accommodation, meals, accreditation, visas, entries, pitch bookings, training sessions, farewell event organisation, event reporting, for National Teams to:
Olympic Games, World Championships, continental championships and all other Hockey Ireland pinnacle events
- Maintain and update camp and competition files including; roles & responsibilities, selection criteria, team lists, programme of events, entries, accreditation information, travel documents, meals, visas, invoices, availability forms and event reports & budget.
- Co-ordination and support organising home games and tournaments
- Athlete Support
- Administration for HP Athletes including: Sport Ireland/Sport Northern Ireland Carding, Athlete Agreements and Anti-Doping programme whereabouts submissions.
- In consultation with the PD and senior coaches, assist in the creation and publication of all HP policies and procedures.
- Provide a secretariat function to the High-Performance Committee (non-voting member).
- In consultation with the PD and Finance Manager develop and maintain an annual budget that reflects and supports the objectives within the HP Strategic Plan.
- Provide regular reports to the PD following events/camps on income and expenditure of Cost Centre operational activity.
- Assist in preparing reports as required by investment schedules.
- Assist in preparing grant applications.
- General Administration
- Executive assistant duties for the PD; letter writing, document preparation, logistical research, budget management, extensive travel itineraries and multi-currency expenses.
- Update the Hockey Ireland website or ensure that the person responsible for the Hockey Ireland website has all necessary information to maintain the accuracy of the website and communication channels.
- Ensuring the Caps register for the Senior Teams is kept up to date.
- HP ethos
- Display a professional HP ethos that is forward-thinking in Hockey Ireland’s development.
- Alongside the PD, consider use of modern sports science practice to impact performance improvement.
- General Requirements
- Effective and timely communication to enable the board, staff, members, partners, volunteers and sponsors to be informed of relevant developments and decisions in the areas covered by the post holder.
- Manage own workload effectively.
- Be committed to and actively involved in, excellent customer service and best practice in both internal and external communications.
- To be committed to own development.
- Undertake any other tasks as deemed appropriate by the Chief Executive or the PD.
Candidates wishing to apply for this position should email applications to email@example.com
Application deadline is Friday 15th June 2018 at 5pm.