Athletics Ireland are recruiting an Athlete and Team Services Administrator on a fixed term contract providing maternity cover for 12 months. Reporting to the High Performance Director, the role will suit a highly motivated self-starter to work in a fast-paced environment. This position will provide valuable experience within the High Performance and sporting environment. The role will involve the successful candidate in the coordination of a variety of duties and provision of supports for athletes involved in Athletics Ireland’s High Performance Programme.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm on June 29th 2018. Applications must be emailed to the Athletics Ireland HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of: [ATTN: Athlete Services Role]. When applying by email, please provide a letter of introduction detailing your skills and experience relevant to the role and your Curriculum Vitae outlining your skills and work experience.
ABOUT HIGH PERFORMANCE
The core purpose of Athletics Ireland High Performance Programme is to create a National High Performance Sports Programme that is unique to the sport, and will maximize Irish athletes’ potential to succeed on the international stage. The High Performance Programme is responsible for providing leadership and management to elite athletes and coaches.
For more information visit: hp.athleticsireland.ie
ABOUT THE ROLE
Job Title: Athlete and Team Services Administrator
Reports to: High Performance Director
Salary Range:The remuneration will be commensurate with the level of expertise and experience.
Purpose of Role: Suited for a highly motivated self-starter working in a fast-paced environment. This position will provide invaluable experience within the High Performance and sporting environment. This position will drive initiatives to coordinate a variety of duties and provide administrative support for Athletics Ireland’s High Performance Programme.
- The position is full time (37.5 hours each week). Generally, it is expected that 7.5 hours would be worked each day.
- The role is based at the head office of Athletics Ireland (AAI), currently Dublin.
- The position will incorporate the need for occasional weekend work and some international/national travel.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the High Performance Director to coordinate the Performance Services Programme
- Maintain regular communication with the Sport Ireland Institute, in particular, working in partnership with the Institute appointed lead service provider in the management process to deliver the services strategy including;
- Regular meetings of the services team
- Management of athlete case reviews
- Maintain regular communication with providers and lead providers for each servicing area.
- Ensure all athletes and coaches comprehend AAI sports medicine model and their responsibilities around this.
- Lead AAI High Performance services support team meetings and take minutes.
- Communicate with admin staff and providers regarding approval of services.
Administration / Operations
- Provide support to AAI high performance carded athletes.
- Assist in the administrative needs of the High Performance Director and High Performance Program.
- Update the High Performance areas of Athletics Ireland’s High Performance website.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of athletes, coaches and support staff involved in High Performance activities.
- Respond to general enquiries and provide timely communication with all relevant individuals and organizations.
- Maintain effective relationships with stakeholders, clubs, supporting groups of Athletics Ireland, and other national federations.
- Monitor and manage the Athletics Ireland IAAF email account.
- Other duties as assigned by the High Performance Director.
- Assist with the operational logistics for selected International teams (incl: travel, accommodations, insurance).
- Assist in administration of International teams.
- Manage Performance Services/Medical requirements relating to International teams.
- Assist in management of team uniforms including distribution.
- Manage the debrief process for International competitions and camps
- Assist and manage the budgetary expenditure/income of the HP department.
- Ensure all financial records are kept up to date.
- Assist in the administration of the AAI Anti-Doping programme.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Very high-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial management skills.
- Excellent project, time management, planning, and reporting skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Capable of displaying strong leadership in all situations.
Relationship management and communication
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of people in all situations.
- An ability to form successful relationships with Athletics Ireland’s employees, key coaches, and sport sector organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a small team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- An interest in and or understanding of Athletics and able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of elite sport.
- Experience with international travel would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively.
- Computer skills, working with Adobe Acrobat, Word, Excel, Dreamweaver, content management systems (CMS- Joomla), and database applications is highly favorable.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity you will be required to work and with consultation can be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organization.
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline for receipt of applications: 5pm on June 29th 2018
Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com with the subject line of:
[ATTN: Athlete Services Role]
Please provide the following when submitting your application:
- Letter of introduction detailing skills and experience relevant to the selection criteria.
- Curriculum Vitae outlining your skills and work experience.