Horse Sport Ireland is the Governing Body for Equestrian Sport in Ireland and manages the Irish Horse Register under licence from the Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine. The organisation is recognised by the FEI, OCI, Sport Ireland and Sport NI. The organisation manages a wide range of duties across the industry encompassing 7 of the 8 FEI equestrian high performance programmes including the FEI & Olympic disciplines of Showjumping, Eventing, Dressage & Para Dressage. The organisation now wishes to recruit a Head of Sport to drive excellence across all disciplines and to implement appropriate structures to achieve such high performance.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Head of Sport will be responsible for coordinating, planning, evaluating and reporting on all elements of the high performance
- This position encompasses both underage and senior programmes for all FEI disciplines, three of which are Olympic The ability to deliver results is core to this important position and previous experience within the Irish or International High Performance Sport System will be an advantage.
- The person will take responsibility for shaping and executing on all elements of the high performance pathway and will manage all staff and technical elements associated with the administration of the high performance
- This role will be the recognised strategic performance lead for Horse Sport Ireland, driving the evolution of the high performance system to deliver podium success at European, World and Olympic The Head of Sport will work effectively with all stakeholders including the CEO, the Board, High Performance Directors and Team Managers in addition to external bodies such as Sport Ireland, OCI, FEI and Sport NI.
- The person will be a key interface in securing sponsorship for the high performance programmes, ensuring that retained sponsors gain high visibility and a fully-comprehensive engagement platform for brand building, relationship management, and
This role is about leadership, management and high performance and requires a leader that empowers, supports and challenges discipline high performance directors and team managers, NGB staff, and clearly articulates the vision, continually measures outcomes against the world’s best, makes evidence-based decisions and generates enthusiasm and trust within the equestrian community. This position requires a strategic leader with a proven track record of devising and implementing high performance strategies at a senior level, across a breadth of disciplines. Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant field of sports management or sports science and/or a business-related discipline, the successful candidate will possess more than 10 years post-graduate experience.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience and credibility in the area of high performance sport (non-equestrian included) at a senior leadership level as well as relevant European, World and Olympic Games experience. He/she will also be able to demonstrate superior administrative skills including budget design, monitoring, and operational planning.
The appointed person will have previously delivered significant strategies that successfully addressed high performance culture, technical and practical challenges. Experience in the Equine, Sport or related fields is highly desirable.
The remuneration package offered will be commensurate with the seniority of this position.
Lansdowne Executive Search has been retained to manage this recruitment process.
To pursue your interest, please email a comprehensive CV and supporting letter to:
Tom Keane, Partner, Lansdowne Executive Search. Email: email@example.com For a confidential discussion, please contact Tom Keane at +353 87 741 3085.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is Thursday, February 8th, 2018.
Candidates for this role will be sourced through both advertising and executive search processes.