The Golfing Union of Ireland wishes to appoint a Communications Executive to join their
team at GUI National Headquarters in Maynooth, Co. Kildare.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications Executive will have excellent written communications skills, be from a journalistic background and have a knowledge of amateur golf in Ireland.
An understanding of how amateur golf is governed and committee driven work will be an advantage.
The successful candidate should be educated to degree level and will have prior experience of working in sports journalism and to strict deadlines.
– excellent written skills
– ability to research, write and critique their own work
– delivery of content on time
– working knowledge of website Content Management Systems
– Social media experience
Some of the key responsibilities will be
– Provision of unique and exclusive content for GUI website
– Reporting from GUI events
– Provision of syndicated content across multiple media channels
– Building awareness of GUI across social media channels
– Support Branch offices in the delivery of the GUI Communications Plan at provincial level.
– Assist the team at GUI Headquarters deliver the Communications pillar of the recently adopted Strategic Plan
– Report writing and internal communications
Flexible working hours are required for this position.
A three year contract is available for the successful candidate with an attractive package on offer.
How to Apply
Applications should be made to Alan Kelly, Communications Manager through the Apply Now
section below including a CV, cover letter and three samples of your written work, all in PDF format.
Closing date for applications is Thursday October 1st at 1pm and interviews for those shortlisted will take place on or before Friday October 9th.