Cumann Lúthchleas Gael is Ireland’s leading sporting and cultural organisation with membership approaching one million people and more than 500,000 playing participants at all levels. Inspired and supported by the voluntary efforts of its members, the GAA is focused on the development and promotion of Gaelic Games and culture nationally and in local communities. Home of the GAA, Croke Park Stadium is Ireland’s foremost sporting and entertainment venue. Over 1,500,000 visitors are welcomed annually to national and international events and the Croke Park campus also features the Croke Park Conference Centre and GAA Museum.
GAA Handball wishes to recruit a Regional Development Officer who will work with the current National Development Officer and National Manager to facilitate increased participation in playing Handball and to implement the Coaching and Development Plan for GAA Handball.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Work with National Development Officer to implement the Coaching and Development Plan throughout Ireland.
- Grow participation numbers and manage the One Wall Schools Initiative.
- Provide support to schools in respect of same.
- Target membership growth in clubs and schools.
- Assist with Media/Public Relations work for the Coaching and Development of GAA Handball.
- Work with Tutor Team, GAA Development Officers and Provincial Development Officers to ensure handball coaching and coach education is delivered in as many areas as possible.
- Identify areas of weakness in terms of playing membership and propose projects/programmes to rectify same.
- Run coaching courses and development squads, and provide assistance at organised tournaments. Assist with office duties where necessary.
- Complete any other duties that are deemed necessary by the National Manager.
- A relevant third level qualification.
- Experience of coaching and course design and delivery.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, effective relationships.
- Strong administrative and IT skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of people management and supervision.
- Strong teamwork and team-management skills.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Own car with a full clean driving licence.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working in the GAA or similar sporting organisation (voluntary or professional capacity).
- Experience of working with community and voluntary organisations.
- Knowledge of GAA Handball structures.
Please note the post is subject to Garda Vetting.
Candidates interested in the above role should apply by clicking here.
Deadline for applications is 3pm on Monday, 29th August 2016.
The GAA is an equal opportunities employer.