|Job Title||Financial Controller||Department||Finance|
|Reports to:||Chief Executive||Location||Tennis Ireland Head Office, DCU, Dublin 9|
|Work Pattern||Full Time, 3 Year contract. Evening and Weekend Work required||Salary||Commensurate with experience|
|Overall Purpose of Role
Responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient day-to-day financial management of the company.
This is to include all aspects of budgeting, forecast planning and reporting, together with responsibilities for the banking, invoicing, debt collection and creditor payments, tax, audit, cashflow and payroll functions of the finance department
Senior Management Team and Board
Provincial Branches and their Staff
Tennis Ireland Staff and Contractors
|Provincial Branches, Clubs and Coaches
ITF and Tennis Europe
Sport Ireland and Sport NI
Players and their Families
Support Services Personnel
|Fulfil the core duties of managing the financial operation of Tennis Ireland CLG and Contribute to the effective leadership of the organisation as a member of the Senior Management Team; to identify and deliver ways of improving Tennis Ireland’s financial effectiveness and fiduciary governance.
|Financial Reporting and Management
· Responsible for preparation and production of budgets, forecasting and management accounts together with cash flow forecasting and appropriate balance sheets.
· Work with the CEO to deliver the annual and four-year funding plans and associated applications.
· Lead on the financial monthly and year-end reporting processes including the preparation of company wide monthly financial statements for the Board, funding authorities including Sport Ireland and Sport NI and overseeing the annual external audit process.
· Oversee the preparation of the Finance Committee and Audit Committee minutes and associated documents, ensuring they are prepared to the highest recognised standards. Responsibility to also include attendance at the audit committee meetings and when necessary Board meetings.
· Responsible for instigating, implementing and ongoing improvement of the company’s financial controls in line with best practice.
· Manage the company’s cash position, debtors / creditors and the banking function and relationship.
· Ensure the accurate maintenance and controls across all areas of the company’s purchasing, invoicing, payments and collections processes.
· Oversee the tax affairs of the company including as required compliance preparation and lodging of appropriate documents with the Revenue Commissioners and Companies House etc.
· Maintain the Fixed Asset register.
· Support the broader business in all aspects of financial management, tax planning and related affairs
· Continuous improvement of all financial operations processes.
HR / Payroll
· Oversee and management the day-to-day operations of the payroll and benefits function including ensure all payroll and expenses are processed accurately and to agreed timelines.
· Manage relationships with all key benefit providers
· Assist the CEO and Operations Manager in management of the HR function and liaise with the company’s consultant to ensure the HR needs of the company are met and practices remain up to date and in line with legal obligations and best practice
|Education||· Possessing a recognised accountancy qualification such as ACA and ACCA|
|Knowledge and Experience||· A minimum of five years’ experience in all aspects financial management and reporting.
· A track record in developing the financial processes and performance of an organisation with appropriate technical skills to deliver these requirements, and up to date with relevant best practice and legislation to ensure integrity of the financial function.
·Proven record in compiling and presenting accurate and up to date financial reports.
· Significant experience operating at a senior level, including financial reporting to Board of directors.
· Comfortable operating in a fast changing and dynamic environment with excellent people management skills.
· The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a diverse range of stakeholders.
· An interest in Sport and its development
|· Experience of working at Senior Management level within sport.
·Experience and evidence of developing and implementing effective change strategies
|Competencies||·Excellent use and understanding of the Sage Live programme and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Planning and Organising
· Effective Communication
· Team Working
· Leading Others
· Personal Accountability
· Excellent Stakeholder / Relationship management skills
|· Facilitating change
· Positive attitude with ‘can do’ mentality
· Working in a sporting / public funded organisation.
· Experienced in the application process for public and charity funding.
|Additional Requirements||· Own Car and Full driving license
· Satisfactory Garda / Police Vetting
CVs must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. 15th May 2018.
Postal applications can be submitted to Aileen Rogan, Tennis Ireland, Dublin City University, Glasnevin Dublin 9 and mark your application confidential.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Tennis Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.