Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to CEO, the Finance Administrator will be responsible for all financial and related administrative matters of Hockey Ireland, and will report to, and work closely with, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). In addition, the Finance Administrator will partner with the CEO, and Board, to develop and strengthen strategies relating to finance across the organisation. The Finance Administrator shall at all times act in accordance with Hockey Ireland’s Constitution and current policies.
The responsibilities of the Finance Administrator will include:
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of financial management and control;
- Effective financial reporting for Hockey Ireland, in a timely, accurate, relevant, and informative manner;
- General administration duties.
- Maintaining accounts general ledger;
- Processing monthly payroll;
- Management of cashflow and preparation of monthly cashflow projections.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts for the Board, to include P&L/Balance Sheet and analysis of variances;
- Preparation of annual accounts to trial balance stage, and liaising with external auditor;
- Preparation of annual budgets for submission to Sport Ireland and Sport Northern Ireland;
- Prepare any reporting required by funders from time to time;
- Management of Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable;
- Preparation of grant / funding applications (Sport Ireland, Sport Northern Ireland, & others);
- Maintaining Fixed Asset register;
- Liaising with banks for all finance matters;
- With the company secretary, the administration of the organisation’s statutory documentation;
- Ensure Companies Registration Office compliance in conjunction with Company Secretary;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant tax legislation;
- Assisting, supporting and liaising with the Branches regarding membership;
- Assisting with the administration of the High-Performance programme (logistics, costings, other);
- General office administration;
- Development and implementation of relevant financial policies and procedures, in consultation with the CEO, Finance Officer and the Audit and Risk Committee;
- Representing Hockey Ireland in a positive and professional manner, which promotes the vision, mission and strategic priorities of the organisation;
- Ensuring confidentiality and professional integrity is upheld at all times;
- Being flexible, adaptable and available to take on other tasks or duties as requested by the CEO.
- A full-time contract;
- A six-month probationary period will apply;
- This position is subject to Garda Vetting and reference checks;
- Occasional work outside normal office hours (evenings and some in weekends. Time in Lieu will be given.
- Based in the Hockey Ireland office at Hockey Ireland at the Institute for Sport and Health, Newstead Building C, UCD, Belfield, Dublin DO4 V1W8
- Salary dependent on experience, paid monthly in arrears.
- Be a qualified/part qualified accountant (ACCA, CPA, ACA, CIMA, AITI), with experience in either industry or practice; or alternatively be able to demonstrate substantial experience in an existing similar role.
- Preferably have experience within the non-profit/NGB sector.
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have excellent organisational and IT skills.
- Have high levels of professionalism, initiative, energy, creativity and flexibility.
- Having Sage 50 experience is an advantage.
Candidates wishing to apply for this post should e-mail a Curriculum Vitae and Covering Letter to: Vivienne.Clarke@hockey.ie. Covering letter should state why you think that you are suited to this particular role and highlight relevant experience, skills and qualifications.
Application deadline: 5pm on 24th August 2018
Interviews will be held in early September.