Today marks the launch of the Federation of Irish Sport General Election 2020 – Manifesto. Our manifesto follows on from our consultation survey with our members in which they highlighted their key concerns and priorities for an incoming government.
Chief among those priorities were:
1. Resource the National Sports Policy properly and effectively
2. Ensure multi annual core funding for NGB’s and LSP’s
3. Provide support for organisations working to be sports governance compliant by January 2021
4. Provide annual sports capital grants
5. Implement meaningful insurance reform
6. Provide a budget for volunteer recruitment and training
Our manifesto has been issued to all political parties, and following on from General Election 2020 we can assure all interested parties that we will continue to work diligently for Sport and Physical Activity with the new government whoever they may be because, as always Sport Matters!
Read the manifesto in full here https://www.irishsport.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Federation-of-Irish-Sport-General-Election-2020-Manifesto-Sport-Matters.pdf