Canoeing Ireland Factfile
Membership: 2,700 members
Number of Clubs: 65
Number of Participating Schools: 10
Canoeing Ireland 2012 Highlights:
- 2012 Olympic Games
- International Liffey Descent (part of the International Canoe Federation World Series)
- Junior Liffey Descent 200 juniors race down the liffey in this annual event
- Junior Paddlefest 250 children over 1 weekend trying all canoe disciplines
What are the key events to look forward to in 2013?
- Kilkenny Paddlefest: 6 & 7 April
- Junior Liffey Descent: 28th September
- International Liffey Descent: 28th September
- Junior Paddlefest: 21st September 2013
- Irish Open Canoepolo: 31st August & 1st September
Visit our homepage for a full Calendar of events in 2013
How can people get involved in Canoeing?
Join a local club, a map of all clubs can be found at on our website
Visit our website and register for a beginner course directly
Complete a beginner course with any Canoeing Ireland qualified Instructor nationally through our network of clubs and providers.
Social Media Channel Links:
Interesting facts or statistics:
- Canoeing Ireland is in existence 52 years
- Canoeing Ireland has sent Olympians to every Olympic Games since the 1936 when Slalom Canoeing was first introduced to the Olympics.
- Canoeing have 7 disaplines all with world championships, Irleand sends teams to all major championships
- Slalom, sprint , marathon racing , canoe polo, wildwater racing, freestyle.
- Canoeing Ireland have launched Paracanoeing and will become members of the the Irish Paralympics in May with a view to competing in Rio 2016.
Do you want your organisation to feature here?
Contact the Federation of Irish Sport on 01-6251155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org