JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSONNEL SPECIFICATION
PARALYMPICS IRELAND: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
Position Title: Executive Assistant – PA to CEO
Status: Part time role – Flexitime (5 hours per day, 25 hours per week)
Location: Paralympics Ireland, Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Reporting to: CEO
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated, organised individual to play a key role within a multi-sport environment, to use their skills to support elite athletes with a disability, to lead up to the Paralympic Games in Tokyo 2020 and beyond.
As Executive Assistant, you will work directly with the CEO and be part of the team for Paralympics Ireland in the lead up to the Paralympic Games in Tokyo 2020.
The role will involve handling important stakeholders and sensitive information, keeping track of office details such as information on contacts, management of business calendars, and the recording and maintenance of meeting minutes.
SPECIFIC KEY TASKS
- Act as PA to the CEO. Support the CEO to maintain very organised and efficient calendar, meetings files and documents.
- Ensure the efficient administration of the Board, committees and working groups including liaising with chairs and secretaries on setting agendas, creating minutes, managing logistical arrangements and coordinate follow up actions for meetings.
- Liaise with Board Members, Committee Members and outside agencies where applicable.
- Prepare various correspondence, reports, presentations and meeting packs
- Assist in the development and implementation of relevant governance policies and procedures.
- Support fundraising campaigns for Paralympics Ireland through contact with external stakeholders and administrative support of programmes and events
- Develop, manage and maintain a Paralympics Ireland company wide database
- Act as administrator of Paralympics Ireland’s Garda Vetting system as per the Paralympics Ireland Safeguarding policy.
- Support Team Leads and sports with logistical aspects such as travel and competition entries.
- Work across various operational projects with senior management across the wider business
- Process and assist with Athlete Licensing for the IPC SDMS System.
- Support with general office administration as needed, including financial administration to support or cover finance officer as needed
- Support Irish Paralympic Team preparation for Paralympic Games e.g. accreditation data, equipment, kit sizing etc.
- Undertake other responsibilities as defined from time to time by the CEO.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Executive Assistant
- 4 years full-time (or part-time equivalent) experience in *
- Experienced in taking responsibility for administration management.*
- Demonstrable organisation skills.
- Proficient in MS Office suite.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Experience of developing governance policies and governance code compliance.*
- Experience of development of productive and open relationships with organisational stakeholders at multiple levels based on engaging and effective communication.
- Understanding of sports structures in Ireland, including Paralympic sport.
- Ability to be adaptable and to perform in a pressurised setting.
- Ability to work on one’s own and also to work as part of a team.
- Experience in digital/online media implementation.
- Experience of working within the Sports sector.
- A flexible approach to hours required including the ability to attend evening and weekend meetings and to undertake occasional travel or overnight stays
|Note to all applicants:
*Only those applicants who clearly demonstrate, by example, how they meet the essential criteria will go forward to the next stage in the recruitment and selection process.
Desirable criteria may be used for shortlisting purposes if required.
All other essential and desirable criteria will be assessed by selection test and/or interview.
- This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and can be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
- Suitable candidates should apply in writing with a letter and current CV to Careers@paralympics.ie
- Closing date for applications is 5pm on Thursday 5th July, 2018
- Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on July 12th or 13th
- The position will start immediately for the successful candidate
Queries may be directed to Emma Heavin at Paralympics Ireland by email at Emma@paralympics.ie or by calling 01 625 1175.
Paralympics Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be treated in strict confidence.