Cricket Ireland is the governing body for the game at both performance and participation levels throughout All-Ireland, representing the interests of both the men’s and women’s game. The future of Irish cricket is incredibly bright given the growth of the sport driven by significant success on the international stage in the last decade leading to unprecedented visibility for Irish cricket at home and abroad.
Our emergence as a sport of national significance will only grow following the recent elevation of Cricket Ireland to ICC Full Membership and Test Status and a major revamp of international cricket structures that will see Ireland playing all three formats of the game at the highest level for the foreseeable future.
Event Executive – Maternity Cover
ROLE AND PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The role of the Event Executive will be to support the Event Manager with all aspects of the delivery of Cricket Ireland’s Home International fixtures, National Cup Finals, Conferences, and Awards. It will be an extremely hands-on role giving the candidate the opportunity to be involved with the staging of large scale events at all levels.
2018 sees Cricket Ireland hosting a number of high profile events including the Ireland v Pakistan Test match in May and the Ireland v India T20I series in June.
- Chief Executive
- Senior Management Team
- Commercial department staff
- Event Manager
- Media and Communications Manager
- Provincial Union General Managers and Chairmen
- Previous Event and Event Administration Experience
- Be eligible to work in Ireland on a full-time basis.
- Full clean driver’s license
- Excellent working knowledge of modern Microsoft IT and software packages including Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong administrative skills
- Must be highly organised and be able to work under pressure, with the ability to multi-task
- Strong written, verbal, communication skills
- Assist with the recording of all Purchase Orders, tracking invoices, updating budgets
- Update Production schedule as required
- Collation of all contractor insurance and safety documentation
- Coordination of meetings and distribution of relevant materials as required
- Liaison with Event Contractors and club personnel
- Preparing all venue packs and briefing documentation
- Management of catering figures for all international fixtures – including vouchers for staff, volunteers etc.
- Set up of Media Centre at all events
- Management of site office at large events – radio sign out/ contractor & staffing sign in/out
- Liaison re car parking queries
- Preparation of event FAQs and website updates
- Event set-up at women’s international fixtures – power, marquees, furniture, team requirements
- Compiling of team, volunteer and staff handbooks
- Collation of information for debrief reports
- Management of all Event Volunteers – recruitment, briefing, uniform
- Administration of all accreditation requirements for broadcast, staff, volunteers, players, match officials. Support Media manager with media accreditation.
- Liaison with team management, venue managers and club officials
- Assist with administrative work for the Interpro Series
- Working alongside Event Manager and Site Manager on set up of the venue pre and post event as well as being on site on event days
- Attendance at operational planning meetings with club and local councils
- Assist with the planning and delivery of the Cricket Ireland Awards & ICC Annual Conference
- Assist with all Hospitality requirements
- Any other duties as reasonably required by Cricket Ireland
Candidates should note that this list is not an exhaustive list and is subject to change as the job requires.
REMUNERATION AND ROLE LOCATION
- The package will include a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Position tenure: Maternity Contract
- Position location: CI head office, Clonshaugh, Dublin.
- Annual leave: 25 days pro rata
- The closing date for applications will be Friday 23rd of March
- Letters of application and full CVs should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be confidential
- Interviews will be held on 28th March
- Role will commence on 23rd April