The Irish American Football Association (IAFA) is seeking to appoint an experienced Director of Coaching who has a strong interest in sport and is willing to volunteer their time to a sporting organisation. This is a volunteer position and the successful applicant will be appointed to a rolling 1 year contract. IAFA is the National Governing Body for American football in Ireland and is recognised as such by Sport Ireland and the International Federation of American Football (IFAF). At present IAFA is a volunteer-run organisation and there are over 3,000 active members involved in the sport at various levels. American football is a rapidly growing sport in Ireland and we are expanding our Management team to meet this increased demand.
The role of the Director of Coaching is (i) to ensure the growth of qualified coaches and the improvement of coaching standards within Ireland and (ii) to implement coaching initiatives aimed at aiding player development in Ireland. IAFA is managed by a Board of Management, members of which are elected by the membership, who in turn appoint Directors to manage each section of the sport. The Director of Coaching will report directly to the IAFA Board and will be the Board’s principal advisor on coaching issues.
The key responsibilities for the role include:
- Coordinate the delivery of Coaching Ireland Certification Courses and be the point of contact for the Coaching Ireland section of Sport Ireland
- Assist with the selection of candidates to be trained as Coaching Tutors
- Keep records of all qualified coaches
- Liaise with clubs as to their coaching educational requirements
- Keep up to date with coaching development within the sport globally and represent the IAFA in IFAF and GFLI coaching forums
- Prepare and coordinate the delivery of the annual Coaching Plan and coaching aspects of the annual Operational Plan
- Assist the Board with the development of long term strategic planning
- Oversee and advise on the educational coaching aspects of the National Program Centre of Excellence
- Manage a team of Coaching Ireland Coaching Tutors to ensure successful delivery of all coaching training
- Advise the IAFA Board on clubs’ coaching status as part of the annual audit process Skills
- Coaching qualification
- Experience in Coaching environment
Terms of Appointment
- Attendance at IAFA Board meetings & AGM as required (up to 6 per annum)
- Reimbursement of travel expenses based on IAFA mileage rates or vouched receipts
- Equipment and consumables to perform the functions of the role subject to budgetary constraints
If you would like to apply for the role of IAFA Development Officer, please send your CV, outlining your qualifications and experience, along with a cover letter outlining your suitability to email@example.com. Applications will only be accepted up to 5pm on the 25th April 2018.