Reporting to the High performance Technical Director, a successful intern will be an integral person in the day to day management of the high performance team, coordinating the group and providing administrative support as well as reporting and planning. Working closely with all Cycling Ireland staff, external stakeholders and athletes to ensure a high standard of planning and management and to assist in the development of the programme.
We are seeking submissions from suitable candidates who would like to work in high performance sport, and are available to travel to Majorca for this placement.
It is an ideal opportunity to learn Spanish and work in sport as part of an ambitious team in the build-up to Rio 2016. For anyone interested in pursuing a career sports administration and management, this internship is an opportunity to gain experience at the forefront of high performance sport.
The Individual must be motivated by the work with Cycling Ireland and wants to contribute to its development. Enthusiasm and reliability are important. Fresh thinking and creativity are also imperative, as well as flexibility and dynamism. Strong administrational skills are essential.
Main tasks and responsibilities
· Provide critical support across all levels of high performance in administration, communication and co-ordination.
· Be responsible for weekly reports and plans for athletes and support providers
· Prepare required reports for key stakeholders
· Assist in the preparation of high performance planning documents under the guidance of the national performance director.
· Provide a key support role for the coordination of work between the Irish Institute of Sport, Sports Institute of Northern Ireland and Cycling ireland.
· Ensure up to date record keeping of national squad communications, records, results, ranking working in conjunction with National Performance Director.
· Administration and coordination (appointments, administration, involvement with service delivery, weekly team meetings,
· Perform other miscellaneous jobs/related duties as assigned by the National Performance Director
· Support as required in the monitoring and reviewing of any High perfromance programme and provide contributions in terms of developming the most effective systems.
Skills and Experience Required for Role
· Third level qualification or Masters level in one of the following areas – business, management, Operations & planning
· Experience as a high performance athlete valuable but not essential
· Good communication
· Spanish an advantage, but not essential
· Starter with impeccable attention to detail
· Highly proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Excellent organisational skills
· Ensure athlete confidentiality, privacy and data protection at all times in accordance with EU standards
· Demonstrated success with past projects and undertakings
· Fully computer literate with past experience of use of social media and analytic tools
· Ability to work in a small team
· Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with key Stakeholders.