Position Description – Marketing and Digital Media Manager
Head of Commercial
This is a permanent full-time position with day-to-day responsibility for the running of specified marketing and commercial activity, in particular promoting our major match output, CI’s membership offering and other events. The role also includes the management of CI website and social media platform.
- Managing and implementing the promotional and marketing strategy for all major matches and other events staged under the auspices of Cricket Ireland
- Working with key Cricket Ireland stakeholders, including commercial and Government partners, to raise awareness of their association with cricket and to deliver value to our partners
- Creation and marketing of the Cricket Ireland Blarney Army. The Blarney Army will become the official supporters club for Irish Cricket and will receive added value from CI through relevant and exclusive communications, and exclusive offers for merchandise, travel and events.
- Grow online revenues through the relationship with new and existing partners including online advertising, merchandising and travel partners.
- Responsible for managing Cricket Ireland website and social media platform. This includes overall responsibility for management of content on website and social media output with responsibility for website contributor resources and relationships with website partners.
- Manage part –time Web Editor and Social Media Contributors.
- Coordinate the production of all Cricket Ireland publications including the Annual Report, Annual Magazine, match brochures, fixture cards and membership cards.
- Overall responsibility for managing ticketing arrangements for all major home matches and coordinating allocations for overseas events in which Ireland participates
- Work closely with the Cricket Ireland Events Manager when required on event planning and match management with specified events when necessary.
- Provide input to, and act as secretary of the Cricket Ireland Commercial Committee
- Work closely with sponsors on activation programmes in conjunction with Head of Commercial.
- Other commercial or marketing activity as appropriate or as directed by senior Cricket Ireland staff.
- Liaise with Media Manager and write press releases as necessary
- Manage budget for website and other marketing activity as agreed with the Head of Commercial
- Marketing of Cricket Ireland Membership programme including providing regular communication with members.
Skills and Experience
- Be educated to degree or diploma level specialising in PR, marketing, media or journalism;
- and/or demonstrate three years’ relevant experience in marketing and/or PR/media/press office ideally in a sports related or leisure/recreational industry;
- Knowledge or interest in cricket;
- Highly developed written, verbal, communication, presentation and relationship building skills;
- Must have experience in managing social media platforms to a professional degree;
- Experience of website management and working closely with website developers from design phase through to execution.
- Experience in dealing with media organizations
- Experience dealing with advertising agencies desirable
- Persuading and influencing skills are necessary in presenting a positive image of Cricket Ireland and marketing it externally;
- Must be highly organised with the ability to plan a range of projects and initiatives that must be delivered;
- Innovation and creativity in the development of strategies and programmes, and in managing relationships;
- Demonstrable working knowledge of modern Microsoft IT and software packages including Office, Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- Strong administrative skills; experience with database management
Position location – Dublin, north-side
Remuneration – Competitive
25 days per annum