Paralympics Ireland is the National Paralympic Committee for Ireland whose membership is currently comprised of 11 National Governing Bodies of Sport, is a company limited by guarantee with charitable status and a current staff of 9.
The current mission of Paralympics Ireland is “to lead elite Irish Paralympic athletes in achieving sustained competitive excellence and inspiring the nation of Ireland”
To facilitate the development of Paralympics Ireland’s next Strategic Plan, the Board of Directors wish to appoint a consultant to facilitate the development of a strategic plan for Paralympic Sport in Ireland to provide a road map that will allow Paralympics Ireland to:
- Build on the platform established by the huge success of Team Ireland at London 2012 by further enhancing the Performance and Games Preparation programmes.
- Maximise the impact of Paralympics Ireland as an organisation and assess the needs of its member organisations
- Develop a strategy to maximize the generation of private income streams on a commercial and/or not-for-profit basis
- Further Increase awareness of Paralympic athletes and Paralympic Sport in Ireland
- Ensure Paralympics Ireland positively contributes to growing Paralympic Movement worldwide.
Expression of Interest Process
Consultants with a proven track record in this area are invited to lodge expressions of interest and present details of their expertise and experience to the Board for assessment of suitability for this project.
Consultants interested in presenting their proposal may do so by email to Liam Harbison, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday November 15th.
The full brief and details of the appointment process are available on http://www.paralympics.ie/about-us/policies-and-documentation/