Vacancy: Training and Education Coordinator (1 Year Fixed Contract)
CARA is a national organisation which provides a collaborative and partnership platform throughout Ireland to impact on enhancing sport and physical activity opportunities for people with disabilities. Through the development and coordination of a National Training and Education Framework, the CARA Centre strives to build capacity at a local and national level to facilitate, support and advocate for the participation of people with disabilities in sport, physical activity and physical education.
Job Title: Training and Education Coordinator
Location: CARA Centre (IT Tralee, Kerry/National Sports Campus, Dublin)
Hours: 39 Hours per week (flexible and willing to work evenings and weekends)
Reporting to: Managing Director CARA Centre
Salary: Maximum €30,000 (depending on qualifications and experience)
Duration of Employment: Initial 1 year fixed term contract
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Working as part of a dynamic team in the design and implementation of sustainable and cost effective training courses (both direct delivery and online) specific to the National Inclusive Training and Education Framework.
- Coordination, planning and implementation of inclusive training pathways with a focus on the sport and education sector.
- Where required recruitment, training, coordinating and support of tutor networks specific to projects within the National Inclusive Training and Education framework.
- Continuous monitoring and evaluation of the National Inclusive Training and Education Framework delivery process, including analysis of need, course content and participant and tutor evaluations.
- Review pre-service education and Continuous Professional Development for teachers specific to inclusion in Physical Education.
- In conjunction with relevant organisations, develop a programme of support structures to support Inclusive Physical Education throughout Ireland.
- Providing support, guidance and expertise to National Governing Bodies of Sport in the design and implementation of inclusive training within their individual organisations.
- Support the development, promotion and implementation of the Inclusive Sport Toolkit in conjunction with National Governing Bodies of Sport.
- Administration duties such as managing Online Bookings, Certificate Preparation, Resource Distribution, Venue Confirmation, Tutor Allocations and Promotion.
- Managing budgets and maintaining effective financial records specific to the National Inclusive Training and Education Framework.
Following the shortlisting process, applicants invited to interview will be assessed under the following criteria:
- Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge of training and education methodologies/APA/APE/Sports Dev./Disability Sector
- Team Working, Leadership, Organisational Skills and Interpersonal Skills
- Developing and managing financial plans, fundraising, budgets and evaluations
- Computing and IT Skills
- Continuous Professional Development Plan
Candidates may be requested to make a short presentation on a nominated topic
The Application Process:
Those interested in the position are invited to submit a completed application form and forward for the attention of Niamh Daffy Managing Director, CARA Centre, c/o IT Tralee, Clash, Tralee, Co. Kerry no later than 12 noon on Monday 29th of August. Interviews scheduled to take place the week of the 12th of September.
Please download application form here CARA Training and Education Coordinator Application Form
Informal enquiries may be addressed to: Ms Niamh Daffy, Managing Director CARA Centre
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.