Canoeing Ireland are recruiting for a Membership Officer to join the Canoeing Ireland team in the head office at Irish Sports HQ.
About Canoeing Ireland
Canoeing Ireland (CI) is responsible for promoting, encouraging and advancing the sport of canoeing at all levels throughout Ireland. This is done through providing membership benefits such as insurance, running courses, official events/races, encouraging and developing Instructors, coaches and promoting the sport to all levels of ability – from the beginner to our Olympians.
The CI offices are located in the Irish Sports HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. Free parking is available. Standard office hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm. However, some out of hours work will be required. As such, flexibility in working hours including weekends will be required from and will be extended to the suitable applicant.
Primary Job Purpose:
To coordinate the administration of all aspects of the CI Office in relation to Membership services, coordination of training courses, races, events, Garda Vetting and other functions are necessary to provide a first rate service to the members of Canoeing Ireland.
Reporting and Working Relationships:
The Membership Officer reports directly to the CEO and will work alongside the rest of the CI staff. The Membership Officer will be expected to establish close working relationships with:
- All other CI staff.
- The officers of CI affiliated Discipline Committees and Clubs.
- Complete all administrative tasks associated with the day to day running of Canoeing Ireland, including, but not limited to registration of members, membership cards, and online payments, insurance and taking member queries in person and via phone or email.
- Complete all administrative tasks associated with the CI race sanctioning process and event calendar including, but not limited to registration, promotion and development of race
- Co-ordinate all aspects of age, groups events/tours including, but not limited to the necessary administration, selection and gear requirements.
- Coordinate the financial aspects and reporting requirements associated with the delivery of CI membership, courses and events.
- To undertake administrative and corporate governance requirements, including record keeping, data collation and report writing.
- Provide written reports and administrative assistance to the CI CEO as required.
- Contribute to the efficient administrative operations of the CI office.
- Administer the CI Garda vetting process.
Decision making capabilities:
Responsible for coordinating the administration and delivery of the Membership and event functions of CI.
- Can consistently meet competing demands through effective prioritising in a results oriented and member -focussed environment.
- Demonstrate commitment, drive and initiative in identifying ideas to achieve program and organisational outcomes.
- Displays personal responsibility for transparent decision making.
- Prepared to travel and work as required, and acknowledge that out-of- hours’ work will be
required on various occasions.
- Third level education an advantage.
- Child Protection cert.
Please Note: The continual passing of applicable working with children checks is an essential component of this role and continued employment.
Salary Scale €27,000 to €30,000
Full time position subject to successful 9 month probation.
Interested applicants should send a CV and Cover Letter by email to email@example.com or by post to CEO, Canoeing Ireland, Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
Application process will close at 5pm on 27th June 2016 .