The Federation of Irish Sport (FIS) is a non-for-profit representative body for 110 National Governing bodies of Sport, Local Sport Partnerships and Sport Organisations. We are the recognised representative organisation for Sport and Physical Activity in Ireland and act as the authoritative and independent voice for sport in Ireland.
FIS is facilitating an important service aimed at strengthening the boards and sub-committees of our member organisations. We are developing a database of suitably qualified individuals who may be interested in joining the board of one of our member organisations as positions become available. The service aims to assist both National Governing Bodies and Local Sports Partnerships in bringing expertise, independence, and diversity to their boards in line with the objectives of the Voluntary Governance Code and the National Sports Policy.
What areas and skills are we looking for?
How it Works
- Individuals who would like to to/ be willing to join a sports organisation board complete an
‘Expression of Interest Form’.
- Member organisations will outline their recruitment requirements based on any skills gaps that they face as and when positions arise.
- FIS will then identify any candidates on the database that match the skill gaps/requirements of the member
- Once identified, FIS will discuss the position/organisation with suitable applicants and seek their permission to share contact details and a CV with the organisation in
- The organisation will then contact any candidate directly to arrange further steps and provide information on the appointment process.
Requests for further information or any questions can be directed to email@example.com or visit https://www.irishsport.ie/board-recruitment-service/
Interested individuals are asked to complete their Expression of Interest Form which can be found via https://www.irishsport.ie/expression-of-interest-form/
Applicant’s details will be retained for a period of two years and will be only given to member organisations with the applicant’s own consent. The database will be managed solely by the FIS executive team.