Athletics Ireland is seeking a Teams and Logistics Assistant (perferably full-time) to work on a fix term contract (8 months) with the High Performance Department. This role will be based in Dublin and there will be an opportunity for team travel during the summer months (European Championships).
About High Performance
The core purpose of Athletics Ireland High Performance Programme is to create a National High Performance Sports Programme that is unique to the sport, and will maximize Irish athletes’ potential to succeed on the international stage. The High Performance Programme is responsible for providing leadership and management to elite athletes and coaches.For more information visit: hp.athleticsireland.ie
About The Role
Job Title: Teams and Logistics Assistant
Reports to: High Performance Director / National Teams Coordinator
Remuneration: Full-Time pay up to €18,000 / Part-Time will pay by number days worked (min of 3 days required)
Purpose of Role: This position will drive initiatives to support and assist the preparation of National Teams competing internationally for Athletics Ireland. The successful candidate will have an understanding of athletics and the sporting landscape, as well as, experience dealing with travel agents and logistics.
- A fixed term contract can be offered from April to November 2016 (Full or Part Time).
- The position can be full time (35 hours each week – preferable) or part time (min of 3 days) dependent on suitability.
- The role is based in Dublin at the head office of Athletics Ireland (AAI).
- The position will incorporate the need for occasional weekend work and some international/regional travel.
- Assist in the administrative needs of the National Teams Coordinator and the High Performance Programme.
- Respond to general enquiries and provide timely communication with all relevant individuals and organizations.
- Update all “Teams” related and High Performance areas of Athletics Ireland’s High Performance website.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of athletes, coaches, and support staff involved in High Performance activities.
- Maintain effective relationships with stakeholders, clubs, supporting groups of Athletics Ireland, and other national
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by the High Performance Director and National Teams Coordinator.
- Arrange and finalize logistics for international teams, tours, and national squads (incl: travel, accommodations, flights).
- Liaise with the Selectors/Team Management to circulate information to all relevant person(s) on team selections.
- Complete all preliminary and final entries for international team competitions.
- Ordering and distributing team uniforms.
- Liaise with Team Managers/Coaches/Support Staff to ensure team arrangements are completed.
- Maintain and update the processes and protocols for international teams, competitions, and national camps.
- Point of contact for with IAAF, EAA and other relevant organizing body for international competitions.
- Point of contact for all matters concerning eligibility and competing for Ireland.
- Communicate to the Marketing Manager all team selections made for International competitions.
- Inform the Marketing Manager in a timely manner of any changes to selected team due to injury or availability of athletes.
- Assist and manage the budgetary expenditure/income of the traveling teams, athlete subsidy, and reimbursements.
- Monitor and manage the Athletics Ireland IAAF account.
- Liaise with Irish Sports Council on all issues surrounding anti-doping including, drug testing, TUE’s and Register Testing Pool.
- Liaise with IAAF, Irish Sports Council regarding Whereabouts Programme.
Key Selection Criteria
- Very high-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial management skills.
- Excellent project, time management, planning, and reporting skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Capable of displaying strong leadership in all situations.
Relationship Management and Communication:
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of people in all situations.
- An ability to form successful relationships with Athletics Ireland’s employees, key coaches, and sport sector organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a “fast-pace” team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- An interest in and or understanding of Athletics and able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of elite sport.
- Experience with international travel would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively.
- Computer skills, working with Adobe Acrobat, Word, Excel, content management systems (CMS- Joomla) is highly favorable.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity you will be required to work and with consultation can be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organization.
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and interviews will be ongoing. After the deadline, applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of: [ATTN: Teams and Logistics Assistant]
Please provide the following when submitting your application:
- Letter of introduction detailing skills and experience relevant to the selection criteria.
- Curriculum Vitae outlining your skills and work experience.
- Availability to start
If you require further information, please contact Kevin Ankrom by email or phone: email@example.com / (+353) 87 906 1899