The Dublin & Dun Laoghaire Education & Training Board (DDLETB) provides a wide range of training courses for those who are entering the labour market for the first time and those who wish to upskill and/or change their career path.
Project FUTSAL (Football Used Towards Social Advancement and Learning) is a social inclusion initiative developed by the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) which utilises the powerful attraction of football to engage unemployed people with mainstream education.
The FAI and DDLETB have teamed up to deliver a Local Training Initiative (FUTSAL) programme in South Dublin and are seeking to appoint an Assistant Coordinator for this education hub which will be based in the South Dublin Football League centre, Ballyowen Park, Lucan, Co. Dublin.
Reporting and responsible to the LTI Co-Ordinator and FAI Project FUTSAL Manager, the main task of the successful candidate will be to assist in the setting up, co-ordination, development and running of a Local Training Initiative for DDLETB / FAI in the South Dublin facility. QQI Certification for this project is Sport and Recreation at Level 4
- The ideal candidate will have some experience of working with economically, socially, geographically and / or educationally disadvantaged learners
- Have a high level of general administration and organisational skills
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Proven self-initiative
- Competence in IT systems
- A knowledge of local and regional football structures
- A full driving license
- A keen interest in football and a nationally recognised football coaching qualification at UEFA level B or higher.
- A third level academic qualification in a Sports related area would be an advantage.
Training Programme – General Overview of Responsibilities
- To assist in the development of the LTI in consultation with the co-ordinator and all stakeholders
- Support in the recruitment of suitable participants for the project
Training Programme: Specific Duties
- Assist in the promotion and recruitment of participants for the programme
- Assist in the running of full-time LTI project
- Assist in the testing, selection and registration of learners with DDLETB when the new project starts
- Assist in the provision of on-going support to learners to ensure they benefit from and successfully complete the programme
- Assist the coordinator with the general administrative tasks associated with the design, delivery and evaluation of modules for the LTI
- Assist the coordinator with the general administrative tasks associated the planning and execution of accreditation of the LTI modules
- Take part in regular meetings with the co-ordinator to develop on-going work plans / schedules to ensure smooth management of the project
- Assist in the provision of individual support and evaluation to all course participants
- Liaise with a range of local stakeholders to arrange volunteer work placement opportunities for learners in the local community
- Assist the Coordinator in the development of individual learning plans with learners and facilitate progression to other forms of training, education or employment
- Assist the Coordinator with the compliance of all DDLETB TQAS requirements
- Assist in the production and retention of all project records in accordance with the requirements of JADD / DDLETB / ESF / QQI
- Assist in the monitoring, recording and reporting of course participants’ attendance to DDLETB on a weekly basis
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time or as the programme evolves
- To take on other tasks and duties that will further develop the aims and objectives as requested by DDLETB and / or FAI
- Implement Health and Safety procedures as per current legislation
- Cover for LTI co-ordinator when required
Hours of work
- 39 hours per week. 21 days annual leave will apply (pro rata)
- The position is funded by DDLETB and the salary will be based on DDLETB rates – €29,781.96 per annum and will be on a pro rata basis for the duration of the programme (€572.73 per week)
The Assistant Co-ordinator is required for an immediate start. The pilot LTI programme is scheduled to begin in November 2015 and run until August 2016 approx.
To apply for this position please log onto: www.fai.ie/careers
The FAI is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm Monday 28th September 2015.