Cricket Ireland is the governing body for the game at both performance and participation levels throughout All-Ireland, representing the interests of both the men’s and women’s game. The future of Irish cricket is incredibly bright given the growth of the sport driven by significant success on the international stage in the last decade leading to unprecedented visibility for Irish cricket at home and abroad.
Our emergence as a sport of national significance will only grow following the recent elevation of Cricket Ireland to ICC Full Membership and Test Status and a major revamp of international cricket structures that will see Ireland playing all three formats of the game at the highest level for the foreseeable future.
POST TITLE: ASPIRE Graduate
REMUNERATION AND ROLE LOCATION
- Salary €22,000 (based on an annual salary at 12 months)
- Position tenure: Full time contract (11 months)
- Position location: CI head office, Clonshaugh, Dublin.
- Annual leave: 25 days pro rata
The Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme
ASPIRE is a graduate employment programme that is being funded by Sport Ireland in 2018. This programme has been approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund. The aim of this programme is to enable a number of recently qualified sport and physical activity graduates to gain relevant experience working in the sports sector and to develop relevant skills and knowledge. The successful graduate will receive an 11 month contract and will work directly for Cricket Ireland. Cricket Ireland are responsible for the recruitment and selection of the graduate.
ROLE AND PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The role of the ASPIRE Graduate will be to support and coordinate programmes and projects in liaison with the organisation’s business departments/units, stakeholders and volunteers. The successful individual will perform a wide range of administrative duties to support the organisation. This placement offers the successful graduate a significant opportunity to gain relevant experience and to potentially advance their career in the sports sector. Previous experience in a similar role is not required.
- Have graduated with a Master’s or Primary Degree in the area of Sport or Physical Activity between January and November 2017.
- Be currently unemployed i.e. not in current employment.
- Be available for the 11 month contract duration.
- Be eligible to work in Ireland on a full-time basis.
- Full clean driver’s license
- Strong administrative skills
- Must be highly organised and be able to work under pressure, with the ability to multi-task
- Strong written, verbal, communication skills
- Excellent time management-skills are required with the ability to work on one’s own and as part of a team
- Demonstrable working knowledge of modern Microsoft IT and software packages including Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Support the launch and roll out of new modified formats of the game that will change how children play cricket in a structured environment, introducing a clear player pathway that sees children move through age and stage appropriate game progressions.
- Assist in the Coach Development Manager in redevelopment of the Coach Education pathway to align with the new player pathway and to grow the grassroots volunteer coach workforce.
- Assist in the development and roll out of a new national junior participation programme for children age five to eight years (boys and girls), which develops links between school participation and clubs.
- Assist in the development of Provincial Union structures in line with best practice and good governance models as Provincial Unions transition from volunteer organisations’ to professional entities (developing organisational capability)
- Assist in the development of an implementation plan for a national registration system.
- Assist in the delivery of international and national cricket events and Cricket Ireland functions. Most significantly there will be the opportunity to work on Cricket Irelands first Test match in May 2018, giving experience of how large scale international sporting events are delivered.
- Perform ad hoc duties as required.
Candidates should note that this list is not an exhaustive list and is subject to change as the job requires.
- The closing date for applications will be Mid-day, February 2nd 2018
- Letters of application and full CVs should be sent by email to email@example.com and will be confidential
- Interviews will be held on Thursday 8th February 2018
- Role must commence in Monday 26th February 2018