The Minister for Agriculture, Food and Marine in consultation with the Minister of Transport, Tourism and Sport invites expressions of interest from applicants who consider they possess the skills and experience necessary to join the Board of Horse Sport Ireland.
Person Specification for Chairperson
A Chairperson is required for the Board of Horse Sport Ireland, the position to take effect from July 2018.
Expressions of interest are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the role of Chairperson who consider they possess the skills and experience necessary in the following areas:
– Significant experience at CEO/Managing Director or Chairperson level of a fast moving and results oriented organisation of significant scale.
– A proven track record of leadership and consensus building.
– Strategic planning capability, having exposure to and involvement in a strategic planning process.
– A strong track record of corporate governance and compliance experience.
– Evidence of a clear understanding of the equine/agri sector
– Previous experience of Board membership and ideally of Chairing a Board
Person Specification for Director/Ordinary Member
Three Ordinary Member (Directors) are required for the Board of Horse Sport Ireland, the position to take effect from July 2018.
Candidates must demonstrate in their application the following:
1. Professional experience at an appropriately senior level in one or more of the following areas:
– Finance, Business, Economics
– Accountancy and Auditing
– Public Administration
– Corporate Governance
– Project Management & Investment
– Media, Public Relations
2. Experience in developing business models in organisations comparable to Horse Sport Ireland.
3. Prior Board level experience required with an excellent understanding of Governance.
1. Demonstrable expertise in one or more of the following key areas:
– Strategic Planning
– Risk management
– Organisational change management
2. Experience in a comparable sector such as agriculture and/or equine and/or sport sector desirable.
3. Ability to understand and interrogate financial reports.
4. Ability to operate as part of a team.
Both Ministers shall have regard to the desirability for gender balance on the Board as the Ministers consider appropriate and determines from time to time when making appointments.
Submitting your expression of interest
Having considered the general suitability criteria for the positions of Chairperson or Ordinary Member, you should consider carefully how your background and experience fits with the specific appointment criteria.
If you wish to be considered for appointment, candidates are required to you can submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter by email to HSIBoardapplic@agriculture.gov.ie outlining whether you are applying for the position of Chairperson or Ordinary Member.
- Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine
Naas, Co. Kildare