Badminton Ireland is delighted to announce a vacancy for a full-time Administrative Assistant to start immediately. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a vibrant, sporting organisation with an Olympic focus and an excellent opportunity to gain experience and pursue a career in the sporting or administration domain. There are excellent opportunities to progress within the Organisation.
Badminton Ireland works with its stakeholders across Ireland to increase participation and improve the quality of the sporting experience for participants. The ideal candidate will be able to work as part of a team but also independently. This is an office-based role but due to the nature of the sporting industry, some evening and weekend work may be necessary.
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Job-Based: Irish Sports H.Q, Dublin
- Maintain the Badminton Ireland Membership Database
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, reordering supplies.
- Act as the first point of contact for all telephone and email enquiries in the Badminton Ireland offices
- Generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations and conduct research.
- Manage and record all incoming cash to the office.
- Maintain and track policies and reports to ensure they are up to date.
- Other duties as needed
- Proficient in computers (Word, Excel, Website CMS)
- Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
- The flexibility of Hours/Working Days
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Results Orientated
- Prior administrative experience
- Third level qualification
- Knowledge of Sport/Badminton
- Previous experience in an N.G.B or similar office-based role.
This job description is not exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
Please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter by e-mail to David McGill – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application is 4.00pm Friday 04th May 2018.