Accounts Assistant– Accounts Payable (Suppliers) Maternity Cover
The IRFU would like to invite applications for the position of Accounts Assistant. Reporting to the Management Accountant and working as part of the Accounts Team looking after Accounts payable, the successful candidate will ensure all invoices are processed and paid in accordance with the terms of the supplier.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent organisational, planning and teamwork skills;
- Discretion and is used to dealing with confidential information;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A good knowledge of Sage 200 accounts package and MS Office packages, Word and Excel
- Strong initiative;
- 1 – 2 years’ experience working in accounts payable.
Areas of responsibility include;
- All IRFU suppliers of goods and services;
- Invoices should be stamped and recorded on invoice tracker;
- Queries should be investigated and resolved with suppliers and internal staff when required;
- The invoice should be matched to the Purchase order;
- They are then sent to the relevant manager for approval;
- Once checked and approved the invoice is put up on the system;
- Cheques should be printed once a week and sent for internal/external signatories;
- Prepare list of Accruals at month end.
- Ensure that all expense claims have the relevant receipts to support each item listed;
- The claim should be authorised by the department head;
- Double check all rates fees and currency conversions;
- The claim should be input to the system and cheque printed ready for signatories.
- Verify statements;
- The most recent statement from each supplier should be kept on file;
- On receipt of each statement check to ensure that all invoices have been received;
- Contact the supplier to query any invoices not received or paid but still remaining on the statement.
Other Ad hoc Duties
- Providing back up and support in the office for colleagues;
- Assist with Credit Control function;
- Carrying out additional duties as requested by the Director of Finance or Management Accountant.
This position is being offered on a 9 month specified purpose contract basis (Maternity Cover), however a degree of flexibility is required. The position is based in our Ballsbridge, Dublin office. To apply for the above position, please email your CV to Eoin Ward, HR Generalist through the Apply Now section below or by post to Eoin Ward, HR Generalist, IRFU, 10/12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer