Euro Velo Route Manager
Cycling Ireland (CI) is the National Governing Body for cycling across the island of Ireland. Cycling is recognised as a priority sport within the National Sports Policy and is one of Ireland’s most popular sporting activities. Cycling Ireland has a membership of 26,000 people, sanctions 1000 events and manages over 200,000 event entries.
The Euro Velo Route Manager is responsible for route activation, promotion & awareness.
• Route activation (promotion and awareness)
Promote awareness of the route to tourism offices to ensure that all staff are aware of the EV1 route. Tourism Ireland /Failte Ireland to develop and implement a EuroVelo 1 marketing strategy for both the domestic and international market. Liaise with the ECF and DoT in relation to actions arising relating to the transnational EV1 route. Explore the possibility with Local Sports Partnerships of organising cycle events/ programmes that use the route
• Route information
Maintaining the EuroVelo1 Ireland website, ensure content is accurate and kept updated. Respond to route queries and issues raised by members of the public or disseminate specific question to local authorities or local tourism offices as required. Raise route issues with the relevant agency/organisation as appropriate.
• Route infrastructure
Maintain GIS database showing details of the inventory e.g. location, route surface, signage etc. Coordinate inspection of the route on a periodic basis arranging for updates to be inputted to database. Arrange for data to be available to support cases for maintenance, repairs and upgrades. Work with stakeholders to implement a plan for usage monitoring e.g., biennial survey. Host national co-ordination meetings on a periodic basis to ensure that stakeholders are informed of EV1 related updates.
• Route services
Work with local authorities and service providers to help ensure they are informed and can see the potential opportunities that exist by catering for cycle tourists. Ensure that content on the dedicated website is kept up to date of appropriate services located along the EV1 route. Explore the possibility of developing a scheme for certification and promotion of bicycle friendly services along the route.
Cycling Ireland, HQ2 Office 5, National Sports Campus, Snugborough Road, Dublin 15, Ireland
Knowledge & Experience
• Appropriate level of IT skills.
• High level of interpersonal skills
• Ability to be innovative and generate new ideas.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• High standard of attention to detail with ability to produce and access information efficiently and accurately.
• Excellent organisational and project scheduling skills.
• An ability to use own initiative and, work as part of a team, manage a teams or work independently.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills – both internal and external.
• Ability to advise, inform, motivate and support individuals and organisations.
• Ability to take a lead on projects or initiatives with effective negotiation skills.
• Proven experience in development and activation in a similar role.
• Proven experience in management and delivery of a national programme
• Experience in being responsible for and balancing a budget.
Remuneration and Location
• Package: The package will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, reflective of the not for profit/sports sector. Cycling Ireland will contribute 3% of salary to an employer pension scheme.
• Position Tenure: Fixed Term Contract, subject to on-going Programme funding from key funding stakeholder partners. The post is subject to completing a satisfactory 3 month probationary period.
• 20 Hours per week: (Part-time) – This position will require, at times, irregular and unsocial hours.
• Physical Location: Cycling Ireland, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
• 25 days annual leave per annum (pro-rated)
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Favourable Gym Membership rates on Sport Ireland Campus
Appointment will be made subject to satisfactory:
• Garda/Access NI Vetting or equivalent appropriate working with children checks in country of origin.
• Reference Checking Procedures.
How to Apply:
• Please apply with CV and covering letter to email@example.com before COB on February 6th , 2024
Cycling Ireland is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply.