COACH DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
ROLE AND PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Cricket Ireland Coach Development Manager will be responsible for setting and delivering a strategy to ensure that there is a sufficient number of qualified and active coaches within Ireland, appropriate to the needs of the game being played at different levels, and ensure the quality, consistency and recognition of coaches nationally. To promote the national coaching pathway, ensure that it is integrated with the national player pathway. Create a culture for coaching excellence through the provision of high-quality coach development material. The role requires significant liaison with Provincial Unions and will raise the profile of coaching within and beyond the cricket community.
Provincial Union General Managers
Game Development regional staff
All Affiliated clubs
Grassroots Cricket Committee
Sport Northern Ireland
– At least three to five years knowledge of community sport, sport programme and development and coach education.
– Proven experience of establishing and delivering a coaching strategy regionally/nationally either in cricket or another sport
– Proven experience with developing learning curriculum and online learning platform
– Understanding of how coaching works in cricket and other sporting codes both nationally and internationally
– Ability to set clear strategy to meet business needs, whilst fully understanding the importance of stakeholder buy-in and support to influence change
– Ability to be innovative to maximise opportunities
– Ability to influence others, with excellent team building, collaboration and partnering skills
– Accredited level 2 Cricket Coach or its equivalent
– Must be legally entitled to work in Ireland.
– Tertiary qualification in Sports Management, Business Management, Education or related discipline
– Accredited level 3 coaching qualification
– Passionate about cricket and community sport
– Strong administrative skills
– Digital native
– Must be highly organised and be able to work under pressure, with the ability to multi-task
– Strong written, verbal, communication skills
– A strong track record of dealing comfortably with senior management, coaches, educators and other key stakeholders in a variety of formal or informal settings
– Excellent time management-skills are required with the ability to work on one’s own and as part of a team
– Willingness to be held accountable and desire to deliver against objectives
– Demonstrable working knowledge of modern Microsoft IT and software packages including
– Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
– Implement a national online learning strategy for Coach Education
– Ensure the effectiveness of pathways for coaches at all levels of grassroots cricket through to performance level.
– Understand and establish aligned grassroots and high-performance coaching approaches
– Facilitate the growth and retention of coaches at all levels.
– Ensure the existence of national coach development framework which includes
o A coaching pathway
o A coach accreditation process with national and regional recognition
o assessment and reporting
o The ability to monitor and report on national coaching statistics
o E-learning courses
– Develop and maintain content for framework and develop material for course facilitators at each level of the coaching pathway
– Assist the Provincial Unions to ensure best practice administration and delivery of coaching courses
– Develop a network of Club Coach Developers nationally
– Work alongside Provincial Unions to ensure there is sufficient quality and quantity of coaches to meet strategic requirements within provincial and club environments
– Promote and grow the Cricket Ireland Coaches Association (CICA)
– Devise and deliver an annual programme of workshops and seminars covering relevant areas of coaching at all levels for course facilitators and coaches
– Liaise with the Performance team to ensure consistency in coaching principles and content Assist the Performance team in organising performance coach professional development opportunities and workshops
REMUNERATION AND ROLE LOCATION
The salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Laptop and Phone will be provided
Annual leave: 26 days
Position tenure: Full-time and Fixed Term
Position location: CI head office, currently all staff are working from home. There will be a
requirement to attend training locations.
The closing date for applications will be 12 noon on Monday 4 January.