About Triathlon Ireland
Triathlon Ireland (TI) is the all island National Governing Body for Triathlon, Duathlon and Aquathlon, as recognised by the Irish Sports Council and Sport NI. TI is responsible of promoting, encouraging and advancing the sport of triathlon at all levels throughout Ireland. This is done through providing membership benefits such as insurance, sanctioning official events/races, encouraging and developing coaches and technical officials, and promoting the sport to all levels of ability – from the newcomer to our Olympians.
We are a non for profit company limited by guarantee with a current turnover of around €1.5million and as such a small to medium sized business.
The TI offices are currently located in Kilmacanogue Co. Wicklow, although it is hoped that we can move to Sports Campus in Abbottstown, Dublin later in 2017.
Standard office hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm, and some out of hours work may be required. As such, flexibility in working hours will be required from and will be extended to the suitable applicant.
The position may be offered on a full or part-time basis as agreed with the successful applicant.
Primary Job Purpose
To manage the finance functions of the organisation to ensure the efficient and effective use of resources, advise and guide budget holders, work on increasing income streams, provide a proactive and timely approach in supporting the CEO and Board Director of Finance with management accounts and advising the board on the health of the organisation.
Reporting and Working Relationships
The Finance Manager reports directly to the TI CEO and will be expected to establish effective working relationships with:
- All other TI office staff
- The officers of TI affiliated clubs
- The officers of commercial event organisers with races sanctioned by TI
- All TI suppliers, contractors and providers
- TI race referees and technical officials
- All funding partners and sponsors
- The TI Board
- Complete all financial administrative tasks including all accounts payable and accounts receivable functions using SAGE as prescribed in the TI Financial Policy and Procedures Manual;
- Work with the CEO to ensure compliance with all financial and regulatory filing and payment requirements and deadlines;
- Provide regular financial analysis reports and administrative assistance to the TI CEO and Board as requested;
- Fulfill the payroll functions of the organization;
- Process all staff and volunteer expenses claims and process the payment of revenue from the TI online registration system to TI clubs and sanctioned events;
- Perform reconciliations of all online payments within SAGE on a weekly basis; and complete monthly bank reconciliations on all TI bank accounts;
- Responsible for invoicing and collection of payment from TI debtors;
- Administer the petty cash function within the TI office;
- Ensure appropriate acquittal of TI credit cards on a monthly basis;
- Assist with the acquittal, processing and other administration of government grants/funding programs;
- Fulfill other duties as directed by the TI CEO to contribute to the efficient administrative operations of the TI office.
Decision making capabilities: Responsible for coordinating the financial administrative functions of TI.
Budget management: Yes
People management: No
Qualifications and Experience
- Accountancy or Finance related qualification
- Significant relevant experience of financial operations in a fast paced business environment including accounts payable and receivable; reconciliations and payroll
- Demonstrated networking experience to effectively develop, maintain and improve financial processing systems to ensure efficiency in practice
- Demonstrated high level experience in developing, monitoring, maintaining and implementing information, records, policy and procedures
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional administrative skills;
- Demonstrated high level numeracy skills, with a high level of attention to detail to ensure transactional accuracy
- Analytical skills to contribute to strategy and policy implementation in an environment of continuous improvement
- Demonstrated high level skills in Google for Business, Microsoft Office Suite, web and IT resources
- Can identify, allocate and monitor resources and expenditure for effective and efficient use
- Can comply with organisational and legislative requirements
- Knowledge of Company Legislation and filing requirements
- Understanding and experience in using Sage Line 50 Accounting software preferable
- Displays a high level of personal ethics and maintains professional confidentiality
- Can consistently meet competing demands through effective prioritizing in a results oriented and client-focused environment
- Demonstrate commitment, drive and initiative in identifying ways to improve and streamline organisational systems, practices and procedures.
- Displays personal responsibility for transparent decision making Membership of a recognised professional accountancy body required.
Please Note: Whilst the role will obviously deal with the subject matter and operations of triathlon it is important to note that a detailed knowledge of or affinity for triathlon is not a prerequisite for the role.
A total salary for the position in the range of €38-40k p.a. plus a performance related bonus will be offered to the successful applicant, with a pro rata arrangement should the position not be offered in a full-time role.
Applicants are asked to send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The closing date for applications will be June 30th and interviews will be held during the week commencing July 10th.