Ireland Active: Office Administrator– Full time
Ireland Active is seeking to appoint an Office Administrator. Ireland Active is the representative body for Ireland’s leisure, fitness and health industry with membership currently being comprised of over 200 different organisations. This is a key appointment for the organisation. Ireland Active is the voice of the Irish Leisure and Fitness Sector and seeks to provide outstanding services to member organisations.
The Office Administrator will be responsible for assisting the CEO, Business Services Manager and REPs Registrar in the operation of value services for Ireland Active’s members in addition to the day to day administration of the office.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Assist in the provision of clerical, secretarial and administrative support to Ireland Active’s staff and members including:
• screening and handling telephone calls, enquiries and requests
• meeting and greeting visitors;
• organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
• dealing with incoming correspondence and drafting of letters as appropriate;
• organising meetings, meeting packs and attending meetings and taking minutes;
• devising and maintaining office systems, including data management, filing, invoicing and debt collection, Garda vetting, archiving, processing of expense claims etc.;
• arranging travel and accommodation and, if requested, travelling with Ireland Active staff to provide general assistance at meetings.
• Maintenance and updating of the REPs Ireland register
The applicant should possess:
• A third level qualification (desirable)
• Strong written and verbal skills as well as relationship building skills
• Administrative and organisational skills with good attention to detail
• Good ICT skills with the capacity to maximise technology to increase efficiencies
• An understanding of the sports, leisure and recreation environment would be preferable
• An ability to understand and explain administrative processes and principles to third parties
• Previous experience in a comparable role
• Able to work on own initiative as well as being a team player Experience of having worked within a sporting or leisure organisation is desirable but not essential.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and may be amended in the light of the changing environment within the organisation and the Irish leisure, health and fitness sector.
Terms and Conditions: The role is full-time (40 hours per week). The role will be based at the offices of Ireland Active in Dublin. Salary €20,000-25,000 subject to experience and negotiation with successful candidate.
Application Process: Candidates should submit a detailed cover letter together with a CV to include the names and contact details of 2 referees (email addresses if possible) to Conn McCluskey at: email@example.com on or before Wednesday 23rd August 2017.