The Federation of Irish Sport is the representative body for Ireland’s National Governing Bodies of Sport and Local Sports Partnerships. The appointment of the CEO is a key appointment for the Federation. Membership is currently comprised of 104 different sporting organisations. The vision of the Federation is to provide a dynamic and effective voice for Irish Sport promoting the value of sport to Ireland while providing outstanding representation and services to members. The CEO is responsible for working in partnership with the Board to drive the strategic development of the FIS and solidify the organisations position as the voice of Irish Sport
Reporting To: Chairperson & Board of Directors, the Federation of Irish Sport (the “Federation”)
Key Responsibilities for this role include:
- Influence develop and drive the strategy for the Federation in conjunction with the Board.
- Manage the Federation staff and develop the team in line with required skills and experience to meet the Federation’s objectives
- Grow and diversify revenue streams, manage and activate commercial relationships and optimise the short and long term financial performance of the company
- Work closely with a wide variety of key Federation stakeholders including members, Government and its agencies as well as other relevant non-government & sporting organisations in Ireland and overseas
- Ensure the Federation meets its audit obligations, legal and statutory requirements and any contracted obligations with partners
- Administration of Just Sport Ireland (“JSI”) cases together with the on-going roll out of JSI to Federation members
The successful candidate should have demonstrable experience of building and sustaining positive partnerships with a wide variety of stakeholders. Experience of motivating, leading and influencing change in a membership focused environment is desirable. Gravitas, strong interpersonal skills and an inclusive leadership style are key requirements, as is experience of implementing successful commercial strategy. Experience of having worked within a sporting organisation is desirable but not essential
To apply or register your interest for this role, please send your CV together with a formal letter of application outlining your suitability and match to the requirements to Chairperson, David Williams via email at email@example.com no later than Friday, 11th August. Please also outline your current notice period and remuneration. You should also supply two referees and confirm you are happy for us to contact them.
Renumeration circa €70,000. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and may be amended in the light of the changing environment within Irish Sport.