Triathlon Ireland seeks a dynamic, energetic and results driven digital marketing professional to deliver the organisation’s Digital Media Strategy as well as assist with delivery of the day-to-day operations of the Marketing department.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Triathlon Ireland team, with responsibility for helping to execute our communications strategy, manage and innovate across our social media platforms, and help us to market our major events and membership offerings.
We are an ambitious organisation and consider this is a fantastic opportunity to join the team at one of Ireland’s fastest growing sports and National Governing Bodies.
About Triathlon Ireland
Triathlon Ireland (TI) is responsible of promoting, encouraging and advancing the sport of triathlon at all levels throughout Ireland.
Triathlon Ireland has experienced considerable growth over the past decade and has made great strides in developing the professionalism of the organisation.
Between 2005 and 2016, membership has grown from 800 to 11,500 people along with 92 affiliated clubs and more 200 sanctioned events in 2016.
The TI offices are currently located in Kilmacanogue, Co. Wicklow and free parking is available.
Part Time (3 days per week) for six months initially, with the possibility of extension. Subject to standard probation period.
- Reports directly to the Head of Marketing, Communications and Sponsorship, with a close working relationship with members of the senior management team
- Helping to implement the organisation’s Communications and Marketing Strategy
- Creating digital and written content for publication on TI’s platforms. This will include but will not be limited to race reports, athlete interviews, training articles and sponsor content.
- Supporting Triathlon Ireland’s media presence at our major events including Super Series and National Championships races in 2017.
- Collating data and preparing regular reports on Triathlon Ireland’s media reach and engagement.
- Responsibility for driving key membership campaigns
- Building upon TI’s current marketing database and devise and issue monthly newsletters to 22,000 subscribers & ensure consistent look and feel across targeted newsletter communications.
This list is not exhaustive and may be amended as the need arises during the course of the contract.
Key Skills and Experience Required
You will be a dynamic innovative thinker willing to bring new ideas and initiatives to help develop our digital presence.
You will be a strong and effective verbal and written communicator, helping to reinforce our credentials as one of the most progressive and forward thinking National Governing Bodies of Sport.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Website CMS
- Social media management
- Experience in the use of IT (Google Apps for Work, Microsoft Office etc.) ● Self-motivation and ability to deliver using own initiative.
- Ability to balance conflicting demands and tight deadlines
- Proven communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Personal integrity and the ability to invoke trust and respect from others.
- Ability to work irregular and unsocial hours as required involving work outside normal office hours, at evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays
- Full clean driver’s licence
- 3rd level qualification
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of Triathlon Ireland and its operations and activities.
- Knowledge of elite and domestic athletes a plus.
- Knowledge of the international triathlon landscape in Europe and globally. ● Digital Media/Marketing 3rd Level Qualification
- Experience of graphic design and/or content creation
Remuneration will depend on qualifications and demonstrable knowledge and experience. This role is an entry level position which would ideally suit ambitious graduates who aspire to develop a career within sports and digital media.
Application and Selection Process
Applications consisting of an updated CV and a cover letter outlining your skills, qualifications, knowledge of triathlon and enthusiasm for the role to be sent to email@example.com no later than 09.00 Monday 12th June, 2017.
Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Please put ‘Digital Marketing Position’ in the subject line of the email.
Triathlon Ireland is committed to the promotion of equality of opportunity in all fields. As an equal opportunities employer, TI intends that no job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of gender, gender reassignment, marital or family status, age, disability, ethnic origin, creed, sexual orientation, Trade Union membership, or by any other condition or requirement which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
- Shortlisting will take place as soon as possible following the closing date. You should presume that you have not been successful if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date.
- Whilst provisional dates have been set for the recruitment and selection timetable, we may need to be flexible in varying the dates to suit all concerned.
- It is likely that the selection arrangements will only be confirmed following short listing when the requirements of candidates being called to interview can be more clearly assessed. However it is intended to hold interviews for this post on the 19th or 20th Jun, 2017 at the TI Offices.